Tuesday, October 7, 2014

New Bike

As I sit here in a frigid ice bath I decided to pen the news on my new bike!
Two  weeks ago I decided to spend the $175 on a bike fit at tri-tech to make sure I was properly fit to my Felt S32 (2005). As I (and Natalie) expected my bike was too small (2 sizes to be exact!). I was hoping for only minor tweaks to my existing bike but of course this wasn't possible.
I went home and thought about it for a week and decided if I'm going to keep doing long distance tri's  I want a bike that fits me!
On Saturday I visited tri-tech and found a 2011 Scott Plasma 20. Since this bike is a couple years old (but new) it was 30% off! After riding the Scott and a couple others I bit the bullet and made the purchase. My first carbon bike with ultegra components. It's a hefty 18.2 lbs with pedals, cages and computer :)

I picked it up last night and my inaugural ride is slated for tomorrow!  Obviously I've ramped up my training (hence the ice bath) so who knows what I'm thinking. Riding 2-3 times per week, running twice and swimming twice is progressing better than I expected! Happy October and ill post some pics of the new bike once I figure out how to!
Jeremy

No comments:

Post a Comment