Monday, April 14, 2014

Basketball is OVER! Time to Train Again!

First of all I need to thank Beth Ruschau for putting up with me during the Columbus Half Marathon last fall.  It was great to have a friend to suffer with...and I had a great run.  So Kudos...and here's some pics!


Today has been all about bike research.  I went and test rode about 6 different bikes last Friday night with Jim and now I'm more confused than ever.  I thought I might be at that age that it was time to purchase the "comfort model road bike"...so I did my "bike fit" and got myself mentally prepared to ride a little more upright...

I HATED IT! 

I don't know what turning 60 is gonna feel like...but I felt like I was ready to pedal on down to the local ice cream shop for the evening...standing up on the pedals didn't seem to make me feel any faster either?  I ended up riding the shop owner's Pinarello Dogma and that wasn't probably the best idea!?  Now I just want to spend more money than what I was prepared for!  (Ya all know that a condo in Florida is ALL I have in mind for spending large amounts of money on!  I need this Condo before Hayden is old enough to want to go to Disney!)  So today it was back to the internet for more bike research.  I'm now considering the Pinarello Paris and maybe the Look 695?  I found a Look dealer in Columbus...and it just so happens that it's the same guy I had build my Lemond for me 18 years ago...is that a little crazy or what?  Wish me luck...I'll send pics later this week and let you guys help me choose!

Until then...TTFN!  (Gotta start practicing my POOH)

No comments:

Post a Comment