Monday, April 21, 2014

Decisions....Decisions....

So I spent last week milling over two additional possibilities for a new bike...


I decided to look at the LOOK 675 after dinner with John and Aimee last week.  John says his LOOK is the best thing he has ever ridden...and would look to buy another.

Researching the bike found great one-liners like...

"...add this bike to your list of neck tweakers"

"...the 675 turns heads due to the dedicated and integrated stem, which provides the bike with sultry yet aggressive profile that make the bike scream 'unique'..."

"The LOOK 675 was as exciting to ride as it is to ogle."

"....handles like it's on rails!"

"...it's a lot of panache for the money!"

I did think this was a super fun bike to ride!  The integrated stem makes it look super aggressive and it does handle really well, but it's also very comfy!  I could do without the Ultegra component group it's outfitted with, but beyond that...I really liked it!  Better yet, this pic is of the 2013 model, and the 2014 comes in a "lite" version.  Shaves a couple 300 grams of frame weight!  LOOKs are made in Nevers, France and still manufactures their TOP of the line 695 aerolight frames in France...but all the lower end models are still made in Asia.  Not good or bad for me, just the facts.  Total weight comes in at a hefty 16 lbs.!


Also in the mix is the Colnago M10.  The M10 is the first complete monocoque carbon frame that Colnago has put on the market.  Research found these great one-liners to explain this stable pony:

"...underneath that spanking paint job beats the heart of an Italian thoroughbred."

"It's pin-sharp handling lets you throw it into descents and around hairpins with total confidence."

"...the M10 just surges when you put power to the pedal..."

"Being responsive and stiff yet comfortable and confident makes it a truly desirable road race machine."

This is the bike that feels like I could ride into my 60's...yet it isn't the upright style bike that screams...."I'm headed out for ice cream"!   I'm not so sure I like the "white" bikes these days...but there seems to be a lot of them?  The positives are that this bike comes with Campy Chorus already on it!  All the Colnago frames are made in Asia except for their flagship C59...but brought back to the plant in Italy for the paint job!

All in all, I like both of these bikes, and they are a little less pricey than the Pinarello Paris, which I'd have to buy the frame and outfit to my wants.

"Give a man a fish and feed him for a day.  Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime.  Teach a man to bike and he will realize that fishing is stupid and boring."
                                                                                                    Desmond Tutu

TTFN...



1 comment:

  1. Glad to see you have started this back up again! Have fun with the bike shopping...hopefully this means I will be able to bike again with you sooner than later! :)

    ReplyDelete